Make Everyday, Earth Day
Earth Day started with a simple desire to protect the places we hold sacred. It's about time we get down to earth and take action. April 22 may be Earth Day but from here on out it would be a good idea to make every day Earth Day! That means going green at the office and making sustainability a daily habit, not just a once-a-year effort.
For us, every day is Earth Day.
If you feel the same, here are some tips to make a difference, every day of the year.
1. Use environmentally-friendly, non-toxic cleaning products.
2. Carpool, ride your bike, use public transportation or drive an electric or hybrid car. Reduce your carbon footprint by one pound for every mile you do not drive.
3. Stop using disposable plastics, especially single-use plastics like bottles, bags and straws.
4. Recycle paper, plastic and glass. Reduce your garbage by 10% and your carbon footprint by 1,200 pounds a year.
5. Donate your old clothes and home goods instead of throwing them out. When you need something, consider buying used items.
6. Change your paper bills to online billing. You’ll be saving trees and the fuel it takes to deliver your bills by truck.
7. When you need to use paper, make sure it’s a 100% post-consumer recycled paper.
8. Use reusable bottles for water, and reusable mugs for coffee.
9. Bring reusable bags when you shop.
10. Pack your lunch in a reusable bag.
11. Buy organic food to keep your body and the environment free of toxic pesticides. Support farmers and companies who use organic ingredients.
12. Grow your own organic garden, or join a farm-share group.
13. Compost kitchen scraps for use in your garden — turning waste into fertilizer.
14. Volunteer for a local environmental group and/or make a donation.
15. Turn off lights when you leave a room.
At Ecodigester, our goal is to help you build a more sustainable life by offering you a line of reusable products. We offer products that last and that will help you reduce the amount of plastic you use.
More info on our website: www.ecodigester.com